Tainted
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Tainted

Tainted Guild Forums

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Report on Shield leveling for Rob

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Azifel
Co-Owners
Co-Owners
Azifel

Smexiness Level : 22323

Report on Shield leveling for Rob Empty
PostSubject: Report on Shield leveling for Rob   Report on Shield leveling for Rob Icon_minitimeSun Apr 08, 2012 10:52 am

Shield Leveling Crisis

The leveling of shields in Insanity Flyff is extremely hard. Even before the increase in difficulty during the last patch. I have tried leveling a shield before and after the patch and have determined that the experience gain on shields vs weapons is extremely unbalanced. I came to this conclusion based on my experience leveling shields and weapons before the patch and after the patch.

Before the patch that reduced weapon and shield leveling to a crawl, Weapons could hit level 100 in 3 hours of hard work which I believe is too easy, but on the other hand shields took an enormous amount of work. Leveling a Shield at lvl 22 going for level 23 before the patch the 3 million damage taken turned into 2% experience for a shield. Now this is much slower than Weapons because you must take damage and 3 million damage is hard to take because few monsters do over 100,000 damage. Where as with a weapon one simply goes to captain class monsters in coral island to level their weapons very fast.

After the patch that made leveling weapons and shields nearly impossible, weapons could still level in the early stages fairly quickly, I leveled a level 1 slayer on Captain Tigars with 6 kills and reached level 2. Now I tried to level my level 1 shield by tanking [Dream] Mist in Upresia2 as they are the only monsters I know of that do 100,000 damage and tanking all of them made for a very good source of damage. So after gathering all of them I proceeded to test out how much Damage I needed to take to gain 1%. This made me very upset because for a level 1 shield it took 5 million damage to get a single %. I then tested my level 22 shield and I could not continue past 40 million damage taken due to a database crash. Although even after I received 40 million damage I did not gain a single %.

To conclude I believe leveling a shield requires a better Damage taken to experience gained ratio. Thank you for taking the time to read this and I hope it helps make your private server that much better.

Sincerly,
Azifel
Back to top Go down

Report on Shield leveling for Rob
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Tainted :: General :: General Chat-
Jump to: